Rantings of the Crewcut Dad

Come enjoy the rantings of radio personality/comedian/actor/bon vivant Brian Noonan. Brian shares his unique and jaded views on family, pop culture,the suburban jungle and the world at large.

Sunday, August 13, 2006

I'm Ready For My Closeup


It's late Sunday night, but I wanted to post a quick something so you weren't wondering what happened to me tomorrow and Tuesday. I love that I'm so delusional that I think people are checking this every day to see what's happening and to get my skewed view of world events.

Monday and Tuesday I will be filming a little thing we in the business of show like to call a commercial. You know, those annoying little things that interrupt your favorite shows. The things you fast forward through. It's for Coors Light. The only downside is that I'm hired as an extra. I will be in the shot, but who knows where. I've never done extra work before, but it was a last minute thing, and hey, I hate turning down a check. I almost let my ego get in the way. "Hey, don't they know who I am? I'm a principle player or nothing. Don't forget the green M&M's in my trailer." I shouldn't bitch. I didn't have to audition or anything, I just got a call from my agent and was offered some sweet union scale money. I'm there.

I've done some commercial work in the past. I call it work only because I have to be somewhere at a certain time, listen to certain people and I get paid, but let me tell you, it's pretty easy. You get treated real nice, the food is usually good, and there are people whose only job is to wipe sweat off your brow. I love that. No one at home ever offers to wipe me off. When you hear actors saying how hard a job they have, it's only so that you don't find out how really sweet a gig it is and want to try it yourself. Stay in your cubicle, leave the tough stuff to me.

So I'll try to post sometime Monday night or Tuesday, but I may be so tired from all the hard beer schilling that I'll have my brow mopper do it. I'm off to the set as we say in the biz. Later...Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home