Rantings of the Crewcut Dad

Come enjoy the rantings of radio personality/comedian/actor/bon vivant Brian Noonan. Brian shares his unique and jaded views on family, pop culture,the suburban jungle and the world at large.

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

The Summer Slump


"Wife" has been on me lately and not in the way I enjoy. "You need to blog." I know. I'll be honest, despite Earth shaking events like the death of Michael Jackson, astronauts wearing the same underwear for three weeks and some crazy story about the President hosting a kegger, I have been in a creative slump. I don't think there's any concrete reason for it, I just haven't felt like writing. I think about it, but until I perfect my mind control and telepathic powers, conjuring hilarious missives in my head is not enough. I need to put finger to keyboard and let the crazy pour out. But therein lies the problem. I have set a standard for these posts previously known only to me. However, in the interest of full disclosure, I will now bore/enlighten you with them.

I try to make this area more than just a forum that allows me to tell you what kind of sandwich I'm having for lunch (probably left over Italian sausage). I want you to leave with a laugh. OK, maybe just a smile. How about lacking the urge to put your fist through your monitor. I also try to make my diatribes a certain length. I figure if one paragraph is good, four must be better. I'm coming to terms with the fact that in all things, except dirty love, brevity may be the best course of action. So I've decided that if I only have a short quip, brief musing, truncated thread of thought, boiled down brain fart, some hasty hilarity, terse tantrum or fast philosophizing, that will be enough. No more being a slave to self imposed word count. I'll let the ideas dictate the magnitude of my musings.

With that in mind, here is a quick update of events since I was last here.

-Michael Jackson is still dead, but like Elvis and Tupac, his career is still thriving.

- I am finally a licensed motor cycle rider. The class was called back after two weeks to finish two drills. I was nervous since I hadn't been on a motorcycle since the class ended. If you'll excuse my use of a cliche,Ii had nothing to worry about because it was just like riding a bike.

...OH.. I have to go pick "Daughter" up at band. I'll be back in a minute....Hi, did you miss me?

-Speaking of "Daughter", she was gone most of July. Shae was at Girl Scout Camp, and then spent a couple of weeks in Michigan visiting "Wife's" family. It might seem wrong, but "Wife" and I enjoyed some quality "couple time" and only found ourselves missing "Daughter" a little bit. Now she's home and only two weeks away from 8th grade.

There's more, but really, why live in the past? Let's turn our attention to the future, which is rife with opportunities. I will take this opportunity to sign off. See what I did there? OK, that's your laugh, smile, monitor mangling deterrent for the day. Later...Brian

1 Comments:

At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've been checking, glad you're back writing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home