Rantings of the Crewcut Dad

Come enjoy the rantings of radio personality/comedian/actor/bon vivant Brian Noonan. Brian shares his unique and jaded views on family, pop culture,the suburban jungle and the world at large.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Standin' At The Crossroads


My mind is reeling today. I'm fighting to not fall into the psychological black hole that I'm prone to inhabit. It might be hereditary. The Irish are known for their manic minds. If you've ever been to an Irish pub and then read some Eugene O'Neill, you'll understand. If you're happy and you know it, wait a second, that will change. Maybe it's the bag pipes.

Why am I telling you this? The only reason I can come up with is that it's all I'm thinking of today, and the alternative is missing a post, and I know how that would disappoint you. Then your disappointment would feed into my psychosis, and accelerate my mental decline, then I'd miss posting Monday and, well I think you see where I'm going with this. It's probably better to type for a few minutes.

My life is at a crossroads. Not the cool, Robert Johnson, sell your soul to the Devil for unparalleled musical talent cross roads, the crossroads sung about by Eric Clapton and numerous old Blues men. No, this is the "I have no idea what the future holds and how I'll handle it cross roads." A lot of people would think this would be an exciting place to be, but not for yours truly. I won't go into details. There's no need for you to be pulled into my psychic abyss. Suffice it to say times they are a changin'.

I'll figure it out like I always do, by shutting out everyone I care about and fighting through the problem. I don't buy into Barbara Striesand's claim that people who need people are the luckiest people in the world. I think showing people you are in need gives them the leverage they need to plot your demise. There's a feel good for your weekend. If you're up late tomorrow night, don't forget to listen to the big show on WGN. I promise to shake this off by then. Have a great weekend. Later.....Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home